Also known as bean curd, tofu has many health benefits that make it a favorite among vegetarians, providing all of the essential amino acids needed in the diet.
- Naturally gluten free
- Cholesterol free
- Great substitute for meat
- Excellent source of protein, iron and calcium
- Low fat and low calorie
Tofu mayonnaise: 100g of silky tofu, 1tbs mustard, 1tbs lemon juice, 1 garlic clove, 50 ml canola or grape seed oil, salt and pepper.
2 hard-boiled eggs, 1tbs finely chopped chives, 1bs chopped dill, 1 scallion
1 eggplant, olive oil.
- In a blender, mix together tofu, mustard, lemon and garlic, and then add oil until reaching a silky texture.
- Peel and chop the hard-boiled eggs and gently mix them with to the tofu mayonnaise adding chives and dill, salt and pepper.
- Wash and dry eggplant and slice lengthwise. Fry them for about 4’ or until golden with 2tbs olive oil in a nonstick skillet or frying pan.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Spread the egg tofu mayonnaise salad on fried eggplant slices and top them with chopped scallion.
To read the full article please download our Asana Journal App or purchase Issue 157 January 2016.
Asana International Yoga Journal
Latest Post By : Asana Journal
5 Best Ways to Overcome Alcohol Addiction - Dec 08, 2022
Want To Feel More Focused On Your Mat? Do These 5 Things - Nov 21, 2022
Top Ways Essential Oils Improve Your Yoga Practice - Oct 14, 2022
Yoga and Mindfulness for Children with Special Needs - Oct 13, 2022
Meditation & Fitness: 5 ways meditation makes you fitter - Sep 24, 2022