Eggplant, known as Aubergine, is a humble vegetable that comes in may shapes and colors with lots of health benefits. Eggplants are delicious stuffed, grilled, stewed or baked. The choice is yours.
- Rich in iron, calcium and other minerals, essential nutrients for the body
- The skin contains essential Phyto nutrients for good blood circulation
- Low in calories and a great source of fiber for healthy and easy digestion
- High in bioflavonoids, which are known to control high blood pressure and relieve stress
1 large eggplant, 1 clove of garlic crushed,inflatable slide 1tbsp capsicum paste, 1tsp olive oil, and fresh chopped cilantro, salt & pepper.
- Wash the eggplant and cut in small pieces, leaving the skin on.
- Put the pieces in a steamer for a couple minutes to soften.
- Over medium heat, pan-roast the steamed eggplant with olive oil, capsicum paste, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Stir occasionally for 10’ to 15’, then add chopped fresh cilantro, mix together then serve.
How to make handy capsicum paste
- Wash and dice 2 or more capsicums and put them in a blender to become smooth.
- Place the mixture in a pan over medium heat until all the water is evaporated.
- Let it cool off at room temperature and divide the mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- Then take the frozen capsicum cubes out of the tray and place them in a Ziploc bag or container to store in the freezer. When needed take 1 cube (referred to 1tbsp) at a time.
Note: The eggplant salad can be served warm or chilled over bread, rice or baked potato.
To read the full article please download our Asana Journal App or purchase Issue 161 May 2016.
Asana International Yoga Journal
Latest Post By : Asana Journal
5 Best Ways to Overcome Alcohol Addiction - Dec 08, 2022
Anatomy – Themed Kids Yoga Class - Dec 02, 2022
Animal Riddle Kids Yoga Class - Nov 23, 2022
Ocean Themed Kids Yoga Class - Nov 22, 2022
Want To Feel More Focused On Your Mat? Do These 5 Things - Nov 21, 2022
Top Ways Essential Oils Improve Your Yoga Practice - Oct 14, 2022
Yoga and Mindfulness for Children with Special Needs - Oct 13, 2022