Healthy Breakfast : Soy yogurt, Banana, Buckwheat seeds, Fresh Blueberries & Goji berries with maple syrup, coconut oil and turmeric
Buckwheat is an energizing and nutritious fruit seed.
- Good source of magnesium, a mineral that has the property of relaxing the muscles and blood vessels, allowing better blood flow and good delivery of nutrients. Improves the cardiovascular system.
- Rich in protein, easily digested, great substitute for meat.
- Lower, sugar levels, helps people with diabetes.
- Contains no gluten
1 cup soy yogurt, 1 banana, 2 tbsp inflatable water slide buckwheat seeds, handful of fresh blueberries, a couple of hydrated goji berries, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tsp coconut oil and ½ tsp turmeric.
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Wash and soak the buckwheat seeds overnight.
- In a small bowl, soak the dried goji berries in water.
- In a large bowl, mix the soaked and drained seeds with coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray and toast it for 45-50 minutes stirring occasionally.
- When the buckwheat is crunchy, remove it from the oven and let it cool down.
- In a separate bowl place the soy yogurt, banana, buckwheat seeds, blueberries and goji berries and sprinkle with turmeric.
Note: The crunchy buckwheat can be prepared in a larger quantity and stored in a dry place to be ready to use for breakfast.
To read the full article please download our Asana Journal App or purchase Issue 167 November 2016.
Asana International Yoga Journal
Latest Post By : Asana Journal
5 Best Ways to Overcome Alcohol Addiction - Dec 08, 2022
Want To Feel More Focused On Your Mat? Do These 5 Things - Nov 21, 2022
Top Ways Essential Oils Improve Your Yoga Practice - Oct 14, 2022
Yoga and Mindfulness for Children with Special Needs - Oct 13, 2022
Meditation & Fitness: 5 ways meditation makes you fitter - Sep 24, 2022