The combination of honey and cinnamon has been used for centuries to boost the immune system as well as the digestive system, the health of the heart, bones, skin, teeth, and hair, and also stimulate weight loss.
Honey & Cinnamon contain
- Minerals (Calcium, iron, sodium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus & zinc)
- Vitamins (vitamin A, B-6, C, D, E and K, niacin & riboflavin)
2 small sweet potatoes, ½ onion thinly sliced, ½ tsp olive oil, handful of raisins, 7 pistils saffron, 1 tsp cinnamon and 2 tsp honey.
- Place the raisins in a bowl and cover them with water. Let it stand for 15’
- In a pot over medium to low heat, put olive oil and sliced onion. Stir in, add saffron and little bit of water and cover for 10’ or until the onion becomes soft.
- Drain the raisins and add them to the pot. Cover and let it cook in low heat for another 5 to 7’. Occasionally add little bit of water to keep the mixture moist
- Wash, peel and pat dry the sweet potatoes. Cut wedges Bouncy Castle in equal sizes and arrange them in the pot. Add cinnamon and honey without mixing and cover the pot for another 10’ or until the potatoes become tender.
- Stir the mixture slowly. Arrange in a plate, sweet potatoes, onions and raisins on top and sprinkle some more cinnamon.
Note: The sweet potatoes can be cut in any desirable shape. The warm and sweet dish can be combined with your favorite grains or it is simply delicious by itself.
To read the full article please download our Asana Journal App or purchase Issue 156 Dec 2015.
Asana International Yoga Journal
Latest Post By : Asana Journal
5 Best Ways to Overcome Alcohol Addiction - Dec 08, 2022
Want To Feel More Focused On Your Mat? Do These 5 Things - Nov 21, 2022
Top Ways Essential Oils Improve Your Yoga Practice - Oct 14, 2022
Yoga and Mindfulness for Children with Special Needs - Oct 13, 2022
Meditation & Fitness: 5 ways meditation makes you fitter - Sep 24, 2022